William “Bill” Shuttleworth, 92, died October 28, 2019. Bill was a partner of the firm and active member of the Cedar Rapids community. A celebration of life service will be held in Bill’s honor at the Cedar Rapids Country Club on December 7 at 2:00 p.m.
About William R. Shuttleworth
William R. (Bill) Shuttleworth, graduated from Yale Law School in 1953, and joined Elliot, Shuttleworth, & Ingersoll, then the state’s largest law firm (with 11 lawyers). Bill became a partner in the firm and continued in that role for more than 40 years before going “of counsel” in the late 1990’s. Bill is now retired and resides in Cedar Rapids.
Bill is known for his expertise in real estate and probate matters and was one of the first lawyers in the state to condominiumize real estate in Iowa in connection with a major project at Clear Lake. Bill is a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and is listed in the Best Lawyers in America for real estate law.
- University of Iowa, B.A. (1949)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Iowa, M.A. (1951)
- Yale Law School, L.L.B. (1953)
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel–Fellow
Awards and Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®—Real Estate Law
- Named Cedar Rapids “Lawyer of the Year” Real Estate Law (2011) by Best Lawyers in America®
- Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. Rating “AV”