- Banking and Finance Law
- Business Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Privacy, Data Security, and Civil Fraud
- Real Estate Law
- Securities and Equity Finance Law
- Startups and Innovators
Admitted to Practice in
- Illinois (2009)
- Iowa (2012)
About William J. Daly
Bill Daly is an Attorney and Vice President with Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C. Bill’s practice focuses on commercial and business law, finance, securities, sales and acquisitions of businesses, business contracts, and real estate. Bill serves as co-chair of the Firm’s Startups & Innovators Practice Group and is a 2014 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star. Prior to joining S&I in 2012, Bill practiced with two large Chicago-based law firms where his practice focused on general corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, loan financing, real estate, securities, and private equity matters. Bill is admitted to practice in Iowa and Illinois.
Typical work for Bill includes:
- Representing companies in all stages, ranging from initial formation through mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and divestitures.
- Representing clients in securities offerings and securities compliance issues.
- Representing clients in the purchase and sale of companies, including asset, stock, and merger based transactions.
- Representing lenders in the structuring and documentation of loan transactions.
- Representing clients in all forms of real estate matters, including the purchase and sale of real estate, leasing, and financing.
- Preparing, negotiation, and reviewing all forms of business contracts.
- University of Northern Iowa, B.A. Finance (with high distinction) (2005)
- University of Iowa, J.D. (2009)
- University of Iowa, M.B.A. (2009)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Member of Business Law Section)
- Linn County Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions
- Great Plans Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- Best Lawyers in America® 2016 – Banking and Finance Law
- 2016 Corridor Business Journal Forty Under 40 Honoree
Community and Personal
- Technology Association of Iowa – Eastern Iowa Connectivity Committee Member (2013 – Present) and Public Policy Committee Member (2017 – Present)
- Iowa Startup Accelerator – Mentor-In-Residence (2014 – Present)
- New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative — Board of Directors (2014- Present)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Cedar Rapids – Board of Directors (2013 – Present)
- United Way of East Central Iowa – Education Solutions Team Member (2012 – Present)
- Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa – Classroom Volunteer (2013 – Present)
- Iowa Legal Aid (volunteer attorney)
Speeches and Publications
Bill regularly speaks to a diverse group of audiences regarding corporate and securities law matters, some representative speeches and presentations include:
- University of Iowa (Venture School) – Bill has presented multiple times regarding entity formation, securities law, and raising capital
- University of Iowa (Small Business Development Center 6-Week Startup Course) – Bill has presented multiple times regarding entity formation, securities law, and raising capital
- Iowa Bar Association (Nuts and Bolts Seminary) – Bill presented a Securities Law Primer
- Iowa Startup Accelerator – Bill has presented multiple times regarding entity formation, securities law, and raising capital
- Technology Association of Iowa (i2Iowa Conference) – Bill presented a Securities Law Primer
- University of Iowa (Executive MBA) – Bill presented regarding negotiations in his corporate law practice.
- Cedar Rapids Association of Realtors – Bill spoke regarding Entity Formation and Choice of Entity
Bill’s publications include:
- ”A Comparative Analysis of the New Real Estate Investment Trust Legislation in Germany and the United Kingdom: Will those Markets Experience the Same Success as the United States?” Transnational Law & Contemporary Problems, Vol. 17, No. 839, 2008.
- Raising Capital – Private Offerings, Reg D Exemptions, and Use of a “Form D” – Gravitate Des Moines Blog
- Raising Capital – A Primer for Start-Up Companies; Corridor Business Journal, September 9, 2013