- Estate Planning, Wills, and Trusts
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
Contact InformationStephen B. Jackson, Sr.
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C.
Phone: (319) 365-9461
Fax: (319) 365-8443
Stephen’s AssistantName: Tina Tonne
Phone: (319) 731-2358
About Stephen B. Jackson, Sr.
Stephen B. Jackson, Sr. has practiced law for 50 years and is a member of Shuttleworth & Ingersoll’s Family Law Group. He also was the founder and former chair of the Linn County Bar Association’s Family Law Group for many years. Prior to joining Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C., Mr. Jackson practiced at Jackson and Jackson PLC in Cedar Rapids with his son.
- Coe College (B.A. 1959)
- University of Iowa (J.D., 1964)
Active or formerly active in the following organizations:
- Alternative Services, Inc.
- American Association for Justice (Family Law Section)
- Cedar Rapids City Planning Commission
- Chair, Linn County Board of Supervisors Redistricting Commission
- Chair, Linn Phoenix Club
- Iowa Association for Justice (past Treasurer, Secretary and member of Board of Governors; Outstanding Key Person Award; Family Law Section)
- Iowa Legal Aid (Volunteer Lawyers Project Award; Volunteer Lawyer)
- Justice for All Pac, Trustee
- Linn County Bar (past Treasurer; Board of Governors; Chair, Family Law Committee)
- Linn County Compensation Board
Awards and Recognitions
- First Recipient Outstanding Key Person Award, Iowa Association for Justice
- 2000 Recipient Volunteer Lawyers Project Award
- 2009 Linn County Democratic Hall of Fame
- 2014 National Legal Services Pro Bono Award
- 2014 Recipient of 2nd Annual Citizenship Award, Linn County Bar Association
- 2017 Recipient of the Rolland E. Grefe Pro Bono Publico Award, Iowa State Bar Association
Community and Personal
- Assistant Linn County Attorney (1964-1970)
- City Attorney, City of Center Point (1974-1980)
- City Attorney, City of Lisbon (1984-1989)
- St. Pius X Church (past President Parish Council)
- Parish Nurse Advisory Council
- 1983 Chair Regis School Board
- In re Marriage of Benson, 545 N.W.2d 252 (1996) (division of pension plan in dissolution)