- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability
- Municipal Law
Admitted to Practice in
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
About Megan Merritt
Megan is an associate attorney at Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C. Megan tries cases to judges and juries in state and federal court, protecting the interests of her individual and business clients.
Megan has represented a broad range of individuals and businesses, including small businesses, large corporations, and insurance companies. Megan has also worked with city governments to craft and enact local ordinances, maintain compliance with state and federal laws, and create employee policies.
- Grinnell College, B.A. Psychology (with Honors) (2006)
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. (2010)
- Iowa State Bar Association (YLD District Representative 2014-Present)
- Linn County Bar Association (Linn Law Club President 2012) (Membership Chair 2016-Present) (Summer Outing Committee Member 2014- Present)
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association (Member 2010-Present) (Membership Committee Member (2015-Present)
- Dean Mason Ladd Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute (Member 2010-Present)
Awards and Recognitions
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016-2017
- Iowa Defense Counsel Rising Star Award 2014
Community and Personal
Megan is married to Rob Merritt, Communications Director for the Iowa City Chamber of Commerce.
Megan coaches the University of Iowa College of Law Trial Team and actively volunteers in local middle school mock trial programs.
Megan serves as on the executive board for Home Forward Iowa, an organization dedicated to combating homelessness in Iowa, and Women’s United, an organization dedicated to funding communities organizations dedicated to women health.